Are you considering to upgrade your garage door opener? Well, there are several reasons to do that, including, to upgrade the security of your garage and gain more convenience when you want to enter the garage or exit. But, which is the best garage door opener to purchase given the various models availed on the market? That is where I come in.
Today, we shall have a look at the 10 best models to purchase. With these garage door openers, you don’t need to use keys to open or close the garage. Better, the best models incorporate battery backups to avoid losing access to the garage after power outages. And best of all, the openers link to your home’s wifi and smartphone for easy operation when you are at home or away. So, read on and rest assured to improve the safety of your garage conveniently and effectively.
- 1. Direct Drive 1042V004 Garage Door Opener
- 2. Chamberlain Garage Controls Your Garage Door Opener
- 3. LiftMaster Garage Door Opener
- 4. Meross Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener
- 5. Chamberlain Group Chamberlain B1381 Garage Door Opener
- 6. Genie Chain Drive 500 Garage Door Opener
- 7. Chamberlain Group
- 8. Nexx Smart Wi-Fi Controller NXG-200 -Garage Door Opener
- 9.Genie ChainGlide Connect Garage Door Opener
- 10. Skylink AT-1722 3/4 HPF Garage Door
1. Direct Drive 1042V004 Garage Door Opener
Taking the lead in our review is SOMMER Direct Drive 1042V001 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener. looking for a door opener operates quietly, this is one of the best choices. To be specific, the opener functions with virtually no vibrations for quiet and reliable performance. Asides that, it includes two 2-button transmitters and an interior wall station to ensure easy operation. The door opener is HomeLink compatible and equipped with a secure rolling code technology to enhance safety. With included rails, the garage door opener is suitable when used in 7′ or 8′ doors.
- Included mounting hardware for easy installation.
- Safety sensors detect the status of the garage door to enhance safety.
- A stationary sturdy chain and one moving part support quiet performance.
2. Chamberlain Garage Controls Your Garage Door Opener
Monitor and control your garage door from anywhere after installing MYQ-G0201 MyQ-Garage Control. The control works with most garage doors made after 1993. It connects to the MyQ smartphone app available on Apple and Android devices including iPads, iPhones, tablets, and Android phones. Also, it installs fast, providing you an opportunity to install it within minutes and connect to the home’s Wifi via the Chamberlain MyQ Garage App.
The garage control comes with a mounting bracket, Wifi hub, door sensor, power cord, and instructions to guarantee easy installation. With it, you can receive alerts when the garage door opens and closes to enhance safety. Further, you can open the door for deliveries or let in a family member to enhance convenience and reliability. The MyQ Home control app provides room to control the lighting, further enhancing convenience to the user.
- The control takes about 30 minutes to install.
- It sends alerts to a connected smartphone when the door opens or closes.
- MyQ smartphone App connects to the garage door opener and MyQ lighting for easy control.
3. LiftMaster Garage Door Opener
Forget about the need for using keys or remote control while opening the garage after getting LiftMaster Garage Door Opener. The opener is compatible with all LiftMaster garage doors manufactured since January 1993. Asides that, the opener adopts the LiftMaster wireless keyless entry system. In particular, you can set a 4-digit code for easy access without using keys. Also, you can program a temporary access code. Such codes are useful with guests around or when you want the delivery personnel to gain access without sharing your personal codes.
The garage door opener is wireless and designed to derive its power from one 9-volt battery. Also, it adopts the Security +2.0 and security +rolling code technology. Hence, you can be sure that it is safe from hacking to offer you peace of mind. The keypad is backlit making it easy to see in the dark. What’s more, the garage door opener comes with a weatherproof flip-up protective cover to protect the unit from damage because of moisture.
- The door opener features a compact design that fits into any space.
- A keyless entry system allows you to set a 4-digit code for easy access.
- A flip-up cover protects the door opener from contact with external elements.
4. Meross Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener
Provide your family and guests remote access to the garage with the help of Meross Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener. It supports remote and voice control. As a result, you can connect it to the smartphone and control the garage door via the Meross app or by speaking to Alexa and Google Assistant on your smartphone. What’s more, the door opener supports multiple notification modes. In particular, it lets you know when the garage door is opened or closed and provide overnight and overtime notifications that remind you to close the door.
The garage door opener includes a high sensitivity sensor. The sensor monitors the door, for accurate operation, while ensuring that the signal will stay stable. Also, it is powered by the Mediatek IoT chipset. With this, the garage door can provide a reliable connection in the garage, making it reliable when used where home Wi-fi is not covered well. The If Nest thermostat is another plus designed to detect when people are not at home, and close the garage door for added safety.
- The garage door opener is easy to install.
- The existing remote control and wall switch continue to function after its installation.
- The opener triggers the flashing of Meross smart bulbs so that you can know when the garage door is opened or closed.
5. Chamberlain Group Chamberlain B1381 Garage Door Opener
The Chamberlain B1381 Garage Door Opener is designed in such a way that it can help you see your garage in a new light. The lighting smart garage opener delivers 3100 lumens of LED lighting to help you view every corner of the garage with a lot of ease. Further, there is a smart garage control. With it, you can open and close the garage door from anywhere via the MyQ app in your smartphone to enhance reliability. The door opener adopts a max lift power system rated at 1.25HPS. This allows it to offer the highest lifting force for effortless and reliable performance.
After buying this product, you can expect to receive a wireless keypad, battery backup, two 3-button remotes, full function wall controls, and safety sensors for easy installation. Asides that, the battery backup feature is another plus designed to keep the garage door accessible during power outages. Because of the steel-reinforced belt drive constructed using high-grade materials, the garage door opener can deliver a reliable, quiet smooth performances. Better, the unit features a Security+2.0 with the highest level of encryption to prevent hacking and obstructions for peace of mind.
- Safety sensors detect obstructions and reverse the door before causing damage.
- Easy-to-follow wireless programming instructions ensure fast set up.
- Exclusive TriBand technology supports a range up to 1500feet to help you get in and out of the garage faster.
6. Genie Chain Drive 500 Garage Door Opener
Responding to the need for the best garage door opener designed to offer value and quiet performance with minimal maintenance is Genie Chain Drive 500 Garage Door Opener. Equipped with a 1/2hp DC motor, and a durable chain drive, this is one of the best choices when you need a door opener that is designed to offer long-lasting and reliable performance. Another benefit of the door opener is the self-diagnostic safe-T beam system. The system prevents accidents via an invisible infrared beam across the door opening, enabling it to reverse the door when an object crosses the LED beam of the light.
The door opener comes with a standard pre-programmed single-button remote. The benefit of this is that you don’t have to program the remote while installing, to guarantee easy setup. Adding to that, the garage door opener uses an Intellicode security rolling code technology. The technology makes it possible to change the access code after each door activation to prevent unauthorized access for extra safety. The garage door opener can work right-out-of-the-box, thanks to the compatibility with HomeLink and Car2U in-car remote systems.
- The door opener opens garage doors up to 8′ in height and 350lbs in weight.
- A 5-piece rail system ensures easy installation.
- The innovative design of the garage door opener enables it to direct the light towards the rear of the garage where it is needed most.
7. Chamberlain Group
Open and close your garage door from any location with the help of Chamberlain (B 970) . It features a smart garage control designed to connect to wifi and connect with your smartphone via the MyQ app for easy control from any location. Further, the opener adopts the max lift power system. The system is rated at 1.25HPS, enabling it to offer the highest lifting force for effortless lifting and reliable performance.
You can access the door during power outages, thanks to the battery backup feature. Better, the door comes with two, 3-button remotes. The remotes adopt an Exclusive Triband technology that boosts a remote range up to 1500 feet for easier and quicker access. The garage door opener includes an ultra-quiet and strong belt drive. The benefit of this is the ability to get reliable, quiet , smooth performances. What’s more, it features a +2.0 100 Billion code encryption. The code protects against hacking for unmatched security.
Chamberlain (B-970) is compatible with garage doors up to 7′. After buying this product, you can expect to receive a box that includes two 3-button remotes, a wireless keypad, safety sensors, and a full-function wall control. Another benefit of this garage door opener is the ability to link accounts including Google assistant so that you can ask Google to open or close the door, the Wink App that allows you to arrive at a brightly-lit home or have the lights come on after opening the garage door, among other Apps.
- Posi-lock anti-theft protection ensures that the door will stay locked to protect against forceful entry.
- Easy-to-follow wireless programming eliminates the need for electrical connections.
- The opener supports the MyQ Guest so that you can invite up to three people to control the door.
- A motion-detecting control panel allows you to program MyQ lighting accessories, remote controls, and keypads.
8. Nexx Smart Wi-Fi Controller NXG-200 -Garage Door Opener
A smart and safe way to open and close your garage door lies in using Nexx Smart Wi-Fi Controller NXG-200 -Garage Door Opener. With it, you can open, schedule, monitor and close your garage door from any location and share access with family and friends. What’s more, the opener allows you to know who is coming or going, and better, receive notifications after someone forgets to close the door. The door opener offers two ways of controlling the garage door. You can opt to tap on the Nexx Home app or give voice commands using Alexa, Siri, or Google Assistant.
Besides that, the garage door opener allows one or more users to open, close, and monitor it from any location. The reason is the ability of the Nexx Home app to support multiple devices at a time. Also, the garage door opener includes an all-new external antenna. The antenna provides a strong and reliable Wifi connection and Bluetooth capability for easy control after the internet is out. Also, it includes an all-new wireless sensor system. The benefit of this is the ability to install the opener fast and easily, and without any fees.
- The garage door opener is wifi and Bluetooth compatible.
- Nexx wireless sensor detects the up or downward motion of the garage door.
- The opener adopts the “Just Drive” Geofencing Technology so that the garage door can open after pulling into the driveway.
9.Genie ChainGlide Connect Garage Door Opener
Looking for a garage door openers that is designed for homes with living space above the garage, I would like to recommend ATOMS AT-1622BK 1/2HPF Garage Door Openers. Equipped with a powerful DC motor, the opener works quietly, making it suitable for use in quiet spaces. What’s more, the opener features a steel reinforced belt drive. The drive delivers quietness and smooth operation, further making it suitable when used in quiet places.
You can get this product when looking for the best garage door openers that is easy to install. The reason is the LCD diagnostic display that guides you through the programming and error code process. Also, the door opener is a great choice for one that is designed to offer reliable performance for long. This is because of the Soft Start and Stop that adjusts the speed gradually to reduce damage to the two ends and the durable built-in LED light.
- A quiet belt drive offers reliable performance.
- The door opener features a wireless design so where it derives its power from one AAA battery.
- A flip-up cover offers perfect resistance to external elements.
Introducing Skylink AT-1722 3/4 HPF, this is a durable garage doors openers designed for homes that require quiet performance. also, he door opener derives its power from a DC motor. Unlike AC motors, this motor doesn’t make any noise making it suitable when used in garages that incorporate living spaces above them. What’s more, the door opener includes a durable chain drive designed to guarantee reliable performance, and a Soft Start and Stop feature that adjusts the speed at the two ends to maximize the life of the mechanical parts.
- Built-in LED light delivers a long-lasting illumination without the need for replacing the light bulbs.
- Also, A patented passcode remote control guarantees safety.
- An auto-close timer locks the door so that you will never forget to close the garage door.
- An LCD Diagnostic Display guides so you through the error code and programming session.
There you have it, the best garage door openers in 2020. another, if you want to forget about the need for you to step out of the car when you want to open the garage door and step out once more to close it, this is the best solution to that. Not only that, but these openers eliminate the need for you to replace the keys after losing your home keys, given that they are a keyless solution for users who want to ensure that their garage doors are secure.